Are you sick of experiencing intestinal bloating and stomach pain?
The good news is there are effective treatments available to help you get much-needed relief, and many of them can be started by you at home today for little to no cost at all.
Stomach pain and bloating usually happens when food is not digested properly. It sits in the gut for longer than it should. While it sits there it begins to ferment and that fermentation causes gas production. That’s the basic process which causes bloating. Aside from fermentation, there also other causes which can be diagnosed.
Some people can experience belching or become gassy, which is the body’s way of expelling the excess gas. But if you want symptom relief while you explore the underlying causes, here are some tried and trusted tips for beating the bloat.
1. Drink the juice of ½ a lemon in 50ml water or eat a bitter green salad (e.g. rocket, frisee lettuce, endive) 15 minutes before meals to stimulate stomach acid secretion.
2. Try having 1 teaspoon of activated charcoal in 80ml water in between meals for symptom relief.
3. Avoid snacking in between meals. Give your digestion time to empty out the last meal before loading it up with more food to breakdown and digest.
4. Eating fresh papaya or pineapple with the core can help as they contain naturally occurring digestive enzymes in them that may be helpful when bloating is due to poor digestive enzyme secretion.
5. Drink herbal teas that help reduce the bloat. Try a combination of Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Peppermint and Fennel seed.
6. Trial a great German herbal formula called Iberogast to help alleviate the bloat. It is a low dose synergistic formula of herbs that can help with excessive gas production. Adults can take 20 drops of Iberogast in 50ml water up to six or seven times a day when they have a bloat, wind or abdominal pain.
Latest posts by Susan Hunter (see all)
- Why IBS sufferers should do comprehensive stool testing - November 1, 2018
- Food swaps that will make you healthier - October 28, 2018
- Is a ketogenic diet bad for your gut? - August 21, 2018